Subject: RE: character speech
From: "Pedro J. Cabrera" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 16:11:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi, fellow LW users!

I am a new LW mailing list reader, and I'm glad to have subscribed.  I've 
been learning and using Lightwave for 5 months now, excellent product.

Anyhow, on to the topic at hand ....

I've been following the character speech thread from the archives (to 
catch up), and I'm afraid some of you may be disappointed (while others 
will be elated!) to know that there is a product out there that does this 
rather well.

It is Motion Master Volume 1 ($150 US), a set of LW utilities with varied 
animation uses.  One of its utilities, Time Machine, does what you want 
(I know, 'cause I use it).   Here's an excerpt from a review of Motion 
Master in the March '95 issue of Video Toaster User (my comments are in 
parenthesis):

Time Machine is a time-line editor for multiple object morphs.  It was 
written as a means of easily lip syncing Lightwave animations to a 
dialogue track.  It can also be used as a general multiple-morph editor.  
Figure 1 (see magazine) shows Time Machine's editing screen with a 
waveform display of some sampled sound on the bottom.  A separate sound 
control panel allows you to adjust and load standard Amiga audio 
samples.  On the editing screen, time in frames runs left to right, and 
morph objects run from bottom to top (up to 16).  Constructing a 
Lightwave multiple target morph is a simple matter of creating keys by 
clicking on the various object's slots at a particular frame, then 
clicking on the make scene button to output a Lightwave scene file.

(end of quote)

Here is the company's information:
MetroGrafx
625 Newton Drive
Lake Orion MI 48362
(810) 693-5134 Phone/Fax

I don't mean to be a party pooper, I just wanted to save some people some 
grief, since one of you was interested in developing a program to do this 
same effect.

One suggestion: if you subscribe to a magazine, read every little nook 
and cranny.  I've known about this utility set for half a year now.  I 
bet most of you subscribe to VTU and simply missed the ads for this product.

-- 
Pedro J. Cabrera
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sorry, no taglines today.  Come back tomorrow."
If the Internet was a communist-run institution, we would see more of these in
users' mail and Usenet postings.